Thursday, February 27, 2014

Getting outdoors in 2014

Introducing little Katy!



















Time has flown and I am now the proud parent of five year old Harry and 11 month old Katy. However, life is so hectic that we have had little time to get outside for adventures. As a result, Harry is fast becoming an indoor boy, often glued to the TV or computer for hours on end. How has this happened?!
I spend my working life campaigning to get more kids outdoors, I train teachers and youth group leaders on simple ways to spend more time out of the classroom, so I should be ashamed of myself, right? Well, it turns out that I am not alone. In order to pay the bills and afford the roof over our heads, my husband and I have two jobs each and often work over 100 hours a week. So, while I am out telling others to get out, my kids are waiting indoors until I get home.
Something has to change.
From now on, I will be blogging about my attempts to add more adventure into our lives and how that affects us as a family.
There will be a blend of professional with personal. Activity ideas and stories, places to go and links to good resources, all with a family feel.







No comments:

Post a Comment